A range of gels developed which can be applied for a number of different purposes including as pipeline cleaning, sealant, lubricant, and protection.
The gel is food grade biodegradable natural polymer, it does not stick to the pipelines and is propelled by low rate flows. Coming in the form of a viscous gel or glycol based pigs. The pigs can be used for pigging, sealing and product removal. The gel has debris pick up properties and is applied to a range of pipeline sizes used for number of different purposes including as pipeline cleaning, sealant, lubricant, and protection. Additionally, intelligent gels can be applied to removing sediments and materials from pipeline systems, i.e. Iron, Manganese in drinking water pipelines through to stones, sand, grit or other undesirables in sewer systems. The situations in which the gel is used are:
- In unlined cast iron, bitumen, coal tar lined, concrete lined or PVC pipelines
- To reduce water consumption during flushing operations
- Where flushing can not take place due to low flowrates
- Where there are frequent revisits due to a high source of discolouration
- Where there is a limited infrastructure for cleaning.